Amazon's supply chain is a critical piece to Amazon's retail business. At Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT), teams are working on optimizing the end-to-end inbound supply chain by identifying bottlenecks and gaps in existing systems. Our team, Inbound Visibility Platform, is dedicated to providing the visibility required to easily identify such gaps, potentially saving Amazon millions of dollars, by building a platform that gives complete coverage of Amazon's inbound supply picture. Every single item coming into Amazon and within the network will be exposed via our systems. The scale and impact of such a system can not be found in any other supply chain outside of Amazon's.
We're seeking a talented Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) to lead the development and architecture of this visibility platform in SCOT. In this role, you will own the design and delivery of core platform components that can effectively utilize the data to make compelling insights about the supply chain. You will be expected to create simple designs to solve complex problems and deliver high quality code while working on the team. In addition to delivering the core functionality of the platform, you will be expected to collaborate with external clients, stakeholders, and partners to improve visibility within supply chain and drive initiatives that positively impact the customer experience.
We're looking for someone who has an experienced software engineering background, has worked on the development of a medium/large project in the past, and has experience developing in the AWS ecosystem. Being able to deal with ambiguity, anticipating bottlenecks and escalations, and setting realistic (yet aggressive) expectations are all crucial to the success of our platform. Most importantly, passion about the team and our team's vision will enable you to work as a cohesive unit to deliver high-impact software.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 4+ years of industry code development in object oriented languages like C++ and Java
• 4+ years of experience building high performance, high availability and scalable applications
• Solid experience of testing and a passion for producing high quality code
• Solid background in algorithms and data structures
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team to create exceptional value
• Familiar with Linux (Or Unix) environment
• Able to learn quickly and dive deeply to diagnose the root cause of problems
• Able to develop code independently or as part of a pair programming team
• Familiarity with Machine Learning (Predictive Algorithms) applications.
• Familiarity with a Scripting language like Perl or is a plus
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building web based services.