Senior Software Development Engineer
- New York, NY
Amazon's mission is to be earth's most customer-centric company and our team is the guardian of our customer's privacy. Amazon's Privacy Engineering team is looking for builders that want to create unique data privacy solutions that help us retain our customer's trust. Our team partners across Amazon's Consumer and Digital business units to build, monitor, and protect a secure environment for the Amazon business. As a software development engineer on our team, you will be a technical leader on the team, focusing on ambiguous problem areas and helping set the team strategy. You will take ownership of team architecture, providing design guidance as you drive engineering best practices and make things simpler. You will contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. The successful candidate's code and approach to work will be exemplary, delivering solutions that are inventive, secure, easily maintainable, appropriately scalable, and extensible. Your solutions will apply to all of Amazon's consumer and digital businesses including but not limited to Amazon.com, Alexa, Kindle, Amazon Go, Prime Video and more.
• Architecting highly scalable, extensible privacy solutions
• Partnering with peers across organizations to develop appropriate integrations
• Mentoring, coaching and developing junior team member in software development best practices
• Operating in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality projects on aggressive schedules.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience developing data privacy solutions, including data handling techniques (e.g. pseudonymization, anonymization, data scrubbing)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top