Senior Software Development Engineer
- Denver, CO
CO Salary Range: USD 122,300.00 - 160,000.00 per year
Do you want to join a team that works with all of Amazon's devices (Alexa devices, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Kindle, etc.)? Do you want to build systems that provide insight into the success of our devices? Do you want to work with world-class, state-of-the-art technologies on a fun, diverse, rapidly growing team in Denver? Then you want to join the Device Analytics Services Team!
As a senior software development engineer on the team, you will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development, and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services and will flourish in an environment where new opportunities and challenges arise frequently. We seek a great team player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people around them.
• Work with other senior leaders on the team to build the technical strategy & architecture for a broad area
• Design & develop world-class software and services
• Mentor & grow engineers across the team, leading by example and insisting on high standards
• Develop tools & processes to enable best-in-class operations for our service
This position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience
• 8 + years of experience building production software systems
• Experience leading a product from concept to prototype and implementation
• Experience developing cloud software services
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• OO design/development experience
• MS in CS
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122.3k - $160k/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top