Senior Software Development Engineer
- United States
Are you looking for a new opportunity that is customer facing and can impact and lead the industry in modern cloud architectures, design and modern development practices?
The AWS Professional Services Customer Engineering (CE) team accelerates the cloud journey for our largest enterprise customers by developing and delivering production-ready custom and infrastructure.
We are looking for customer obsessed Development Engineers to join us to develop new, challenging cloud-native and infrastructure and realize the business outcomes that can be enabled with AWS. Customer engineering teams will demonstrate modern engineering and help accelerate the change and transformation that our customers are after.
As an ideal candidate you love to learn and invent. As members of AWS Professional Services our team is a steward of the entire AWS platform and as a team member you have the opportunity to keep abreast of the ever-widening stream of platform improvements and new services. You have a solid understanding of OO design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web protocols, are comfortable in multiple development platforms and languages and adept at learning new technologies. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale and in a DevOps environment, are very applicable and helpful.
• Implement best practices in modern engineering: design, implementation, testing, version control, documentation, deployment, monitoring and operation
• Write high quality code that is robust and can be delivered and maintained by customers
• Build flexible systems choosing simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones
• Possess the drive to dive deep and maintain progress even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid "analysis paralysis")
• Encourage and support knowledge-sharing within team and external groups
• Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, within team and external groups
• Actively participate in hiring and mentoring the very best
• Obtain/maintain AWS Certifications
• Occasional customer and internal travel (<20%)
• 5+ years of non-internship professional development experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python or Node including object-oriented design
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures that will operate at potentially global scale.
• Proficiency in the DevOps style of deployment
• Proficiency in developing in a cloud-native environment
• Knowledge of Application Security principles and how they impact development and deployment of applications.
• Experience handing off and supporting maintainable code artifacts
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical trials
• Experience in an agile development environment
• Experience with Cloud Operational Excellence practices
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Age / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
For employees based in Colorado, the pay for this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top