Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world. In this role, you will be bringing that vision to life by architecting, developing and testing the flight control computer software that controls the individual satellites.
In this role, you will drive the design, development, and operation of a variety of key functions such as commanding, telemetry, power control, hardware interfaces, and autonomous capabilities for each satellite throughout its lifetime from launch to de-orbit.
In this role, you will:
• Own unique embedded software functions through design, implementation (in C, C++, RUST or other), test, and integration in an embedded Linux or real-time operating system (RTOS) environment.
• Write software to interact with devices/electronics using I2C, SPI, RS-422, RS-485, Ethernet, etc. communications.
• Work closely with hardware teams to support board design, bring-up, and verification, as well as integration and test.
• Follow best practices in high reliability embedded software development to ensure high levels of satellite reliability and availability.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in EE, CE, or CS, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience in delivering software in a production environment
• Experience developing embedded, real-time software in assembly, C, C++ required
• Hands-on experience integrating hardware and software systems
• Hands-on experience with board bring up and BSP development
• Hands-on experience developing and testing embedded software in high-reliability applications (satellite avionics, safety critical, etc.)
• Hands-experience with embedded Linux operating systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us