Senior Software Development Engineer, EC2 Health Analytics - AWS
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in hundreds of countries around the world.
Come join a brand new team, EC2 Health Analytics, under EC2 Foundational Tech., to solve complex cutting-edge problems to power a faster, more robust and performant EC2 of tomorrow. The charter of our team is to improve customer experience on the EC2 fleet by analyzing hundreds of signals and driving next-generation detection and remediation tools across the cloud using Machine Learning and Data Analytics.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in the EC2 Health Analytics team, you will become part of an industry-leading engineering team solving challenging problems at massive scale.
We are busy building our team from scratch (no legacy systems to own) and have multiple positions available.
- Design, implement and deploy mission-critical systems that work at the scale of the EC2 fleet
- Develop algorithms that analyze failures across different dimensions in EC2
- Develop systems that improve the customer experience on EC2
- Ensure the smooth and stable operation of the team's new services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software development environment
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- Strong fundamentals in data structures and object-oriented design
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up like development environment
- Passion for building and operating highly-available services
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in large scale software systems
- Data Science skills in machine learning or statistical analysis is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of system performance methodologies along with hands on empirical monitoring
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative applications
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top