Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to help shape the future of compute for the Amazon Web Services cloud? Are you excited to solve problems at the leading edge of cloud computing? Do you want to build and own services providing some of the key features for Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) infrastructure? Do you want to work hard, have fun, and make history?
If so, come work for the EC2 Enterprise Foundation team.
We are responsible for tackling tough problems faced by enterprise customers via cloud-based solutions. The team uses cutting-edge technologies to develop large-scale platforms to help customers optimally run their business.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be working on software and designs to make Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) the best place to run enterprise class containerized workloads. You will help build next generation services that simplify how our customers and partners configure and manage their Windows workloads in the cloud. You will closely work with various Amazon container technologies like ECS, EKS and Fargate, and build services that handle large scale, highly available distributed systems.
This position is for is a Senior, subject matter expert and as such we are looking for an engineer with prior experience in the containerization space, various container platforms and tooling.
• Work closely with product management and customers to holistically understand business and user requirements; Continuously improve own products to provide software which users really love to work with
• Break down high level use cases into concrete technical implementation steps and identify the best solution for a given problem
• Responsible for end-to-end feature development from requirements, design and development, test, maintenance and support of software artifacts
• Architecture, design, proof-of-concepts and implement projects end to end with high quality.
• Ability to handle complex projects, large area of scope and complete ownership.
• Communicating with customers, technical teams and defining technical strategy.
• Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies
• Develop and mentor other team members
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work / Life Balance:
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life - both in and outside of work.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every 2.5 months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the
root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship / Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
*This position requires periodic on-call responsibilities.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit: US Disability Accommodations
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Proficient in Java or GoLang or both (but don't worry, we'll train you if you meet the basic qualifications)
• Experience in mission critical services, in depth understanding of operational excellence.
• Experience with containerd, kubernetes, docker.
• Experience with Windows networking.
• Experience with .Net and .Net Core.
• Familiarity and development experience with Web services technologies is a strong plus (e.g. HTTP, REST, XML, JSON, etc.)
• Experience with a wide variety of .NET technologies, such as CoreCLR and the Roslyn Compiler Platform.
• Experience working with agile methodologies such as scrum.
• Experience with open-source development.
• Passion for delivering a great customer experience.
• Has high standards, results oriented.
• Is an evangelist who feels comfortable presenting to customers and at industry events.
Back to top