Senior Software Development Engineer
- Arlington, VA
Join Amazon in the fight against COVID-19!
Amazon is focused on protecting the and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global across all industries helps keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. Amazon has started building incremental test capacity and we are looking for a Software Engineer to assist in building the COVID-19 technology solutions.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
• 6+ years of experience Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation.
• 6+ years of experience in object-oriented programming, distributed systems, , C++, Linux/UNIX, or similar programming languages.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
• Experience cloud software services and an understanding of for scalability, performance and reliability
• Development experience defining, and maintaining web service 's
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control , processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top