Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer for Audible's Consumer Domains group. We are the team that creates and powers Audible's website applications and services for our global listeners. We are the home for tech talent that wants to grow Audible's market leading business and build the sites and services (APIs) across desktop and mobile devices. The team is comprised of developers who work in an agile environment and partner closely with Audible and Amazon tech teams, Product, UX and QA teams.
We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver services and web applications. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved product.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
• Write amazing, maintainable & scalable code.
• Partner with product management to imagine, Design, Develop, Test, and Launch software that wows our community and inspires your peers.
• Be willing to explore and learn un-prompted. Bring problems AND solutions to the table.
• Integrates and communicates fairly complex information within the specialization.
• Devises solutions based on limited information and uses past experience or precedent to identify solutions or to adapt existing approaches to resolve issues.
• Has contributory impact on team/discipline performance.
• Accountable for meeting own target which will impact the discipline.
• Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
• Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 5+ years of professional software development experience including proven experience in Java, Object Oriented Design, Data Structures and Algorithms.
• Experience developing and maintaining high availability distributed software systems.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
• Server-side development experience, preferably in Java/Spring.
• Experience in multiple AWS services.
• Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
• Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, enterprising and willing to take ownership.
• A high-quality bar; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
• Familiarity with RDS and NoSQL.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top