The cloud computing platform Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided a highly robust and scalable web services platform for years. As AWS and Amazon.com continue to grow, to serve more customers, and to support more products, the foundational technologies of AWS also need to evolve and support new use cases and larger scale than ever before. The AWS Transactional Services team in Seattle is building distributed systems and database technologies that offer innovative solutions to this growth. The team is offering a set of services, APIs and libraries to other Amazon teams. Our customers are a wide range of internal teams, from AWS to Alexa, each of them looking for technology solutions that help them to achieve their goals.
We are seeking a strong Senior Software Development Engineer to owns and builds major part for our core transactional data engine.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing and developing novel, cutting edge distributed, highly available and scalable technologies and database technologies.
• Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Working with a team and participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
• Engaging with customers via forum posts, blog posts and meet-ups
• Mentoring other engineers
• Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies.
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities. In addition, the role involves analyzing the latest technologies and development trends, establishing and implementing standard practices.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 10+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience with designing and building large scale systems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
• Experience developing in multiple languages
• Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with contributing to open source
• Ability to collaborate, be both highly motivated and motivating
• Proven results oriented person with a bias to action
• Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science with emphasis on distributed systems or databases is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.