The Amazon Spillways team owns the critical software layer that accepts, filters, and routes all web traffic from the public Internet to it's many websites. This software routes and manages traffic, detects and blocks robot and security threats, and enables Amazon's businesses to quickly and safely launch new websites and new countries.
Our team is starting new projects to take Amazon to the next level in scale and security. If you love building high performance software that's focused on best-in-class networking, data processing, and security, we have the job for you.
The ideal candidate is a champion of engineering excellence and improves quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, and security with every code commit. In addition, he/she contributes elegant, practical code that solves the most difficult problems at Amazon scale.
There are no limits to the contribution and impact this role can have, so get ready to make history!
• Bachelor's Degree or better in Computer Science or related field, or 8+ years relevant work experience
• 6+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
• Computer Science fundamentals in networking and operating systems
• Proficiency in at least one high-level programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
• Have written high performance software using networking protocols such as TCP, SSL, DNS, etc.
• Experience with computer security and intrusion detection development or research
• Experience with large-scale data processing and mining
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience or interest in Cloud Computing and other emerging technologies
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.