Have you ever wanted to know how Amazon EC2 works? Would you like to help us build the next generation of web-scale infrastructure services that power companies of all sizes, ranging from start-ups to large enterprises, across Silicon Valley and the world? Would you like to be part of team which is architecting a brand new service from scratch?
AWS Elastic Compute Cloud team is looking for experienced engineers to help us define and build the future of hybrid cloud infrastructure. As the lead member of the engineering team, you will influence our product strategy for VMware on AWS by helping define the product features, refine system architecture, and spearhead best practices that enable a quality product. And you will be successfully setting the foundation for the next phase of the product and beyond. We are building everything from low-level tools to web services to drive cloud adoption for customers.
We are a fast growing highly motivated team of software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about new technology trends in cloud services and believe that state-of-the-art product is critical to customer success. Join us if you like working hard, having fun and making history. We do just that.
The ideal candidate has a deep technical knowledge and hands-on experience with VMware technologies such as ESXi, NSX, and vSAN, a strong understanding of software architecture and cloud computing. You are excited to do whatever it takes to make this new product successful and seeking an opportunity to grow as a technical leader.
Have more questions? Talk to us! We'll be happy to setup an info call and chat to give more context and details about the job.
• BS in CS/EE or related field with 10+ years of experience or MS in CS/EE with 7+ years of experience.
• Solid hands-on development experience in Java or C++.
• Background in VMware technologies(ESXi, NSX, vSAN etc.)
• Proven track record of leading the delivery of high-quality systems
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills. Comfortable in fast-paced, start-up like development environments.
• Experience architecting large-scale distributed systems and a passion for building and operating highly-available services.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills.
• Experience hiring and mentoring junior engineers a plus
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.