Senior Software Development Engineer
- Garbsen, Germany
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
You will be joining as a founding member of an embedded multimedia frameworks team working on a new generation of products that integrate streaming media players, camera frameworks and deep learning. The role will require you to help define the architecture of system software, design user facing applications, create prototypes and build solutions to hard problems on platforms based on Linux as well as RTOS. You will work directly with principal engineers and applied scientists on a diverse set of technologies giving you ample opportunity to learn from the best. You will also have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design of cutting-edge products used every day by people you know.
In this position, you will:
• Define new multimedia and camera frameworks on Linux and RTOS
• Work with external partners and platform teams on Audio and Video codecs
• Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
• Provide mentorship to other engineers, contribute code to a new embedded platform and review code.
• Work with product teams to refine and inform new software requirements.
• Help create new product ideas with prototypes and white papers
• Advise senior and executive management using your technical expertise.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience with embedded application development on Linux
• Experience architecting embedded multimedia applications while working with audio/video codecs and frameworks
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience interfacing with vendors, partners and outside contacts
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top