Where will Amazon's growth come from in the next year? What about over the next five? What are the drivers and factors of such growth? Are we investing enough in our infrastructure, or too much? How do our customers react to changes in prices, product selection, or delivery times? These are among the most important questions at Amazon today. The Forecasting team in the Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) organization is dedicated to answering these questions using quantitative and statistical methods. We develop cutting edge data pipelines, build accurate predictive models, and deploy automated software solutions to provide forecasting insights to business leaders at the most senior levels throughout the company.
As a member of the SCOT Topline Forecasting team, you will play a key role in solving some of the world's most complex technical challenges associated with Forecasting, computation, experimentation, evaluation, and orchestration. SCOT Forecasting sits at the top of the supply chain at Amazon, producing Topline forecasts for hundreds of millions of products worldwide, which feed most other downstream supply chain decisions like buying, placement, inventory health, and many others. Your work will redefine Forecasting's architecture as we build for the future. You will collaborate with scientists and other engineers to deliver on a platform with petabytes of data (and growing!). You will apply large-scale computing, distributed systems, data mining, scalability, machine learning and statistical algorithms techniques - just to name a few. You should love solving hard problems and strive to innovate and simplify.
Join our team of top-notch software developers, who work hard, have fun, and make history.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
• 8+ years of experience with Python, Java or C++
• Experience developing and operating medium to large sized software systems
• Experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills
• Master of Science in Computer Science or related engineering field
• Expertise in Statistics or Machine Learning
• Familiarity with AWS technologies
• Experience developing software in an agile environment
• Experience on designing large scale distributed system
• Strong problem-solving and data analytical skills
• Great communication skills
• Ability to mentor other developers