Senior Software Development Engineer
Want to help with making the builder tools better for all developers in Amazon? Want to build a service that is used by every team and developer at Amazon? If so, the Code team is what you've been looking for. Our team owns the charter of building source code hosting services and code experience tools (code browse, review, search, etc.) for internal and external customers. We are looking for an engineer who is excited about back-end services to work on our internal enterprise-class source code storage system. This is a distributed, highly durable and available source code storage system used by thousands of developers across Amazon. You will be challenged to own a production-level service at a high level of quality while implementing innovative solutions to complex problems. You will integrate with products owned by related teams as well as be responsible for influencing the future of our code storage products.
The ideal candidate cares about making other developers' lives better, appreciates high quality development tools, and thrives in an innovative startup environment. They love the creative process and take pride in building cool platforms for developers. We own and build every aspect of our product, from the UI and external APIs down to the backend services and databases. We are looking for enthusiastic, creative, and collaborative developers who strive to improve the lives of their fellow developers, both internally and externally. Come join us and work on a foundational system that strives to enrich the development experience for every engineer who works with our tools.
If this sounds like a challenging and exciting role, please come join our strong technical team in a highly visible organization. As a member of our team, you will:
- Own the entire software lifecycle, from system design to implementation, release, operation, and iterative improvements.
- Interface closely with internal and external customers to quickly drive new products and features forward.
- Work with and learn many different technologies every day including key AWS Services, Java, Ruby, and the latest development practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience
- 8+ year experience with one modern programming language such as Java, Ruby, C++, or Perl
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- First-hand working knowledge of webservice design and development best practices
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and the ability to clearly describe software product features and technical designs
- Experience with and a fundamental understanding of one or more source control systems
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top