Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are inventing the future of cloud computing with a team of builders who try new things and dream big dreams. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. Ten years ago, we couldn't have imagined how far we would come. Now we're inventing for the next ten years and beyond. But it is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and builders.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an innovative and passionate engineer to architect and build products that improve private pricing proposals, modeling, visibility and recommendations; that will enable and accelerate sales with some of our most important customers and partners. You will interface with teams across AWS to solve unique business problems at Amazon's scale.
The team shares a passion to deliver superior products for AWS, innovate using advanced technologies, and impact the AWS business in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who are comfortable with ambiguity, enjoy solving large scale business challenges, and enjoy working in a startup-like environment.
As a member of AWS World Wide Revenue Operations, you will shape the direction of the AWS business as a whole. You will build greenfield solutions from the ground up while using native AWS services and frameworks. The right candidate will have a strong system delivery background, a well-rounded technical background, and demonstrated experience working on large scale projects. The candidate must be customer obsessed, have strong analytical and communication skills, enjoy working with native AWS services, and thrive on solving challenging business problems. The candidate should be comfortable working in an agile environment and collaborating with multiple teams. You will design and build scalable platforms that enable AWS to sell new products and services with the necessary speed to market.
As part of AWS WWRO, you will:
• Writing code most of the time
• Design, develop, and maintain highly scalable and extensible platforms and solutions using native AWS services.
• Owning the product areas that you are passionate about and solving major customer pain, becoming the advocate and driving the product and technology development and expansion within our ecosystem
• Growing and mentoring software engineers and working with them to identify, design, prototype and evaluate great projects and features that will help them develop in their careers
• Providing technical guidance and leadership on software design, architecture, patterns and practices
• Helping your team self-organize and create software development processes and practices that will work best for you and your teammates
• Collaborate effectively with peer teams and essential partner services to deliver robust engineering product, building relationships with your customers, partner teams and the engineers on your team.
• Designing and implementing critical components, helping define the architectural vision, collaborating with partner teams across the organization, and mentoring and developing more junior engineers
• Work closely with product teams to understand requirements and identify opportunities to improve business processes through software automation.
• Propose, design, and build innovative tools and frameworks that are used by the engineering community at Amazon
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• 4+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, C++, C# and frameworks like React, Angular.
• Expertise building and deploying scalable, highly available systems that have been delivered to end customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience mentoring junior engineers and helping them develop their technical skills and leadership abilities.
• Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• 10+ years of experience in building large scale, multi-tiered, distributed applications.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Experience leading architectural and design sessions and decisions, influencing technical and business strategy across teams
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top