Would you like to redefine the speed at which Amazon delivers millions of packages and delight our end customers as well as our Delivery Associates? Ever wonder about technologies that are in place that help us deliver packages at this scale to our customers? Come join Last Mile tech team to work hard and have fun by ensuring the right technologies are being leveraged to meet our customer promise at the lowest cost within our growing logistics network at Amazon. The team will be focused on designing and implementing scalable systems for last-mile driver support that will help Amazon Logistics (AMZL) Central operations team scale and operate efficiently in the increasingly complex delivery network. On-Road Management is a key strategic initiative with a vision to transform the way Amazon supports our Delivery Service Provider (DSP) partners and their delivery drivers and our systems will play a key role in ensuring this initiative is successful.
We are looking for creative software engineers who thrive on complex problems, have a knack for problem solving and relish the challenge of operating complex mission critical last mile delivery systems to create truly innovative customer experiences. Our systems will help deliver millions of packages to our customers. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They will have the opportunity to work with Data Scientists and help develop, scale, and deploy ML models. They will learn about Amazon's logistics network, interact with AMZL Central operations and peer tech teams to build optimized systems and deliver software which impacts multiple delivery provider programs. They possess strong verbal and written communication skills and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers. It is still Day 1 in the Last Mile Technology space!
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
• High sense of ownership, self-motivation, and desire to delight customers.
• In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
• An interest in full-stack and mobile development
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
• Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .