Senior Software Development Engineer - Control Plane
- Cupertino, CA
Amazon Web Services is looking for Software Development Engineers to build highly available fault-tolerant distributed network systems for AWS network infrastructure. Our team is redefining how we think about networking and infrastructure, enabling our internal and external customers to scale without limit. The AWS network continues to grow exponentially and must be ever more reliable. We are reaching the limits of traditional network protocols, so we are building the next generation cloud network control plane. Software engineers in the team innovate and solve the hardest problems in scale, availability and performance.
On this team, you will work with some of the best minds in the industry, people who defined and continue to define cloud computing. You will design and build software for next generation distributed network products/services, as well as the components of the system that operate and power the world's largest network infrastructure. Your system components will be critical to data center fabrics, data center interconnect networks, Internet peering and more. AWS operates clusters of data centers in a dozen regions around the world: your work will have global impact.
• Experience coding skills in Python or C/C++
• Experience designing and developing network control plane software for highly scaled networks, using SDN and traditional routing/switching solutions
• Bachelor's Degree in CS/EE or equivalent and 5 or more years of professional experience
• Or, Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 2 or more years of professional experience
• Experience with designing and building large scale systems
• Deep experience with Software Development Life Cycle
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top