Come Shape the Future of Transportation!
We are a team of engineers, living and breathing at the intersection of technology and transportation. In the future, transportation of both goods and people will be centered around technology, with consistent innovation around better safety, reliability, and efficiency. AWS aims to power the future of transportation through rapid innovation and scale only possible through cloud infrastructure. Come join us in building the future of transportation!
You will work backwards from the customer and distill customer requirements along with the Product Manager. As a back-end engineer, you will design and develop micro-services and Rest APIs of indefinite scale. You will build, deploy and maintain backend software components to extract, transform and load billions of data sets with minimum latency. You contribute to the internal and customer facing technical specification of our products and work with engineering and product leadership to shape the forward looking roadmap/ strategy. You ensure industry best practices are followed in design and architecture decisions, bring emerging technologies into designs when appropriate.
Our team is global, based in the US (west coast) and Germany. Our US teams typically start earlier in the day to have a couple of hours of overlap with our Germany teams (who typically work later in the afternoon).
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship and Career Growth:
Our engineers and leaders come from diverse perspectives and backgrounds across technology and automotive fields, and are excited to share their experiences and mentor more junior engineers. Team members are encouraged to set up mentorship relationships with senior engineers on our team, but also across the broader AWS and Amazon population. Our dirversity of thought coupled with the endless curiosity within our team is our greatest asset for innovation.
• BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
• Ability to design optimised Data structures and algorithms.
• 7+ years experience in fundamental backend technologies and design patterns such as Serverless, big data, streaming at scale.
• 7+ Experience in at least one OOP language such us Java or Scala.
• 7+ Experience in at least one scripting programming language such as Python/Ruby or Perl.
• Relevant experience working with big data processing pipelines
• Familiar with Automotive Network Protocols such us CAN, LIN, SPI, Ethernet, FlexRay.
• Experience with open source tools and resource
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
• Ability to Establish non-functional requirements (security, reliability, maintainability, usability, etc.) at the solution level
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us