Want to help invent next generation technologies in recommender systems? Are you looking for roles that impact millions of customers a day, with opportunities to drive billions of dollars in impact? We've got the perfect job for you.
Amazon's Personalization team is looking for a software development engineer to work on the core website optimization systems for all of Amazon. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team, working on one of the largest scale machine learning systems in the company. You will hone your skills in areas such as big data processing, deep learning, multi-armed bandits, and reinforcement learning while building scalable industrial systems. As a member of a highly leveraged team of talented engineers and ML scientists, you will have a unique opportunity to help determine what content gets shown to every customer on Amazon.
As a member of the team, you will use big data, machine learning and analytical techniques to design and implement scalable solutions for business problems. You bring strong thought leadership, great judgment, clear communication skills, and strong track record of delivery. We are building the next generation optimization system that powers the biggest internet retailer on earth, and we hope you will join us!
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Highly motivated self-starter with bias for innovative thinking
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Master degree in Machine Learning or related field.
• 8+ years of experience in software development.
• Experience developing recommendation and optimization systems.
• Experience writing computationally efficient software for production systems that utilize large datasets.
• Have an understanding of the scientific theory behind machine learning techniques
• Understanding of practical considers that need to be addressed when applying machine learning techniques to customer problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us