Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF) Technology team is about enabling Amazon GREF's Operations teams to perform at scale and gain operational efficiencies. With the Covid-19 pandemic and as Amazon's workforce grows, both in size and geography, GREF's operations become increasingly complex. The conventional manual processes are less effective in the new landscape, and we are building solutions to automate manual processes using a variety of OpenSource and AWS technologies.
Are you interested in building a creative and adaptive workspace by integrating technology into a seamless customer experience? Are you excited in creating a secured workspace for our global corporate workers? Are you passionate about building new products? This is the opportunity for you. We are seeking a passionate senior software development engineer who can help us create the next generation of real estate systems and support the GREF organization. The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. You are a self-starter and is comfortable with ambiguity, and excel at building highly scalable solutions.
You will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development, and launch of new products and tools we plan to build. As a senior engineer on the team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will:
• Work with the team to help drive business decisions
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Mentor & grow engineers across the team, leading by example and insisting on high standards
Come join us in making history!
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field - Masters in CS preferred.
. 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skillsets
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.