Do you have what it takes to bring new features and products to the Blink system? Blink is looking for talented software engineers to make a difference on our products. We are looking for people with system level experience and a focus in multimedia streaming with experience in both video and audio.
In this role, you will be part of a feature team. You will take a lead role in projects that span across Blink's software eco-system. You will interact with teams both within Blink and across the rest of Amazon. Most importantly, you will focus on the best ways to delight our customers.
Our first product launched on Kickstarter in 2014, and we've never looked back. In 2017, we became part of the Amazon Devices family. We apply our engineering skills throughout the organization, developing algorithms, ASICs, hardware, and software. Look for Blink cameras on amazon.com to see what we are all about!
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience with Audio/Video streaming and processing with protocols such as RTSP, WebRTC, H.264, or AAC
• Master's degree in computer science or a related field.
• Active participant in bringing at least one successful product to market.
• Strong communication skills (design docs, technical presentations, white boarding)
• Demonstrable technical leadership skills
• Experience with cybersecurity and cryptography
• TCP/IP socket level programming
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.