Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we work to improve Amazon performance for brand advertisers by providing them with actionable retail+ads analytics. We also deliver retail+ads information services enabling Amazon partner teams to provide brands with automated campaign management experiences.
You will be working with Scala & Java in a web services based environment. You will be an expert in Apache/Spark and proficient with Big Data technologies coming up with innovative solutions when building highly performant distributed systems. Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases is a necessary skill combined with strong data modelling. There are opportunities to expand existing offerings and building new systems from ground up.
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer at Amazon, you will drive appropriate technology choices for the business, lead the way for continuous innovation, and shape the future of e-commerce. You will design, implement, troubleshoot and see your solutions live.
A successful candidate will have the satisfaction of seeing their work on the Amazon's advertising websites, where it will be viewed by up to a million advertising customers and will drive significantly quantifiable revenue impact, broaden their technical skills and work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 5+ years of professional experience developing highly scalable distributed systems or other relevant experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of the software engineering craft
• Experience leading team of engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Masters or a PhD degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 8+ years of experience leading software development.
• Experience in driving systemic operational improvements
• Experience working with cross-functional teams including communicating with other technical teams, product management, and senior management
• Track record of developing web services or other large-scale distributed systems
• Experience with front-end development
• Experience with machine learning and feedback loops
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.