Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you thrive on solving complex problems? Do you enjoy diving under the surface to uncover how massively scalable systems with multiple dependencies work? If you are seeking a fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, this is your opportunity! As a Software Development Engineer with the DEX Tools team, you will design and implement tools for data quality, testing, and diagnostics - acting as a force multiplier across the large DEX organization in order to have broad impact. Our preferred candidate possesses the ability to think big and solve difficult problems along with having a high level of coding and design experience.
Our engineers dive deep to understand software internals, discover pain points, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tooling necessary to enhance our internal customers experiences and boost the quality of our organizations products. Our team works directly with stakeholders across multiple teams to design and implement these tools to help deliver quality features at scale.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Experience with user-level automation frameworks and scripting
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top