Senior Software Development Engineer
Interested in Amazon Echo and Alexa? We've already added many new capabilities to Alexa since launch, including Pandora, Google Calendar, Audible, sports scores and schedules, and more.
You might've noticed the launch of Alexa calling and messaging; but its still Day 1! Alexa Communications is looking for a passionate engineer to help drive our vision and create even more exciting, new features and magical experiences that foster personal interactions in the right place and at the right time.
We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us to build cutting edge new technologies and the "communication brains in the cloud".
As a key member of the communications team you will be responsible for development and launch of new Alexa communications capabilities. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. Commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
Our team is hiring Software Development Engineers, Software Development Engineers in Test, Technical Program Managers, Product Managers, Quality Assurance Engineers, and engineering leadership. We are hiring globally in Seattle, Washington; Ottawa, Canada; Toronto, Canada; Gdansk, Poland; and Chennai, India. Check out our open positions below.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years' experience building production software systems
- Design and architecture experience, as well as knowledge and experience with object oriented design patterns
- Experience working on large-scale application deployments and performance tuning.
- Engineering process improvement and SDLC principles experience
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for infinite scalability, performance and reliability
- Development experience defining and developing highly maintainable RESTful web service API's
- Experience mentoring other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Master's degree
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers
- Solid project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening and customer relationships
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
The Alexa Communications team's mission is to bring people closer together by enabling customers to use their Alexa devices for convenient, natural, and expressive conversations. We launched Alexa calling and messaging, allowing customers call and message anyone who has an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa app, and make and receive video calls on the new Echo Show. Come and join us!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top