Senior Software Development Engineer
- Bangalore, India
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to work on Amazon Go, Amazon Books and Amazon 4-Star, Amazon's first set of brick & mortar retail stores in Bangalore, India
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkoutyou just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and mentor other engineers. You will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will help invent new features, design, develop and deploy reliable distributed services. You will work with a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, C++, Perl/Mason, Linux, and multiple AWS services.
You will tackle challenging situations every day and you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on many customers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 8+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of relevant technical leadership experience
• Experience in mentoring and growing technical talent
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience taking complex projects from initial concept through final launch.
• Demonstrated ownership of software engineering road map and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using Agile/Scrum processes
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Practiced ability to apply API design principles
• Experience with either Android development, mobile device management, full stack development, inventory systems and/or supply chain technologies.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top