Senior Software Development Engineer
- Gurgaon, India
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an innovative and passionate engineer to architect and build a private pricing deal management platform that will enable and accelerate private pricing deals with some of our most important customers and partners. You will come in on the ground floor and will be key to ensuring this platform is built to support Amazon's scale. This is a ground breaking opportunity to architect a new platform using a configurable, federated, and horizontally scalable design. The platform will provide the foundation for full-stack applications built using native AWS technologies. You will interface with teams across AWS to solve unique business problems at Amazon's scale.
A qualified candidate for this role enjoys building highly scalable, fault-tolerant distributed systems using native cloud architectural patterns. If you are interested in being part of AWS and building services that allow AWS to reach its innovative and aggressive goals, then we look forward to connecting with you. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing.
In this role, you will
• Lead architectural and design sessions
• Influence technical and business strategy
• Mentor junior team members and drive engineering best practices
• Propose, design, and build innovative tools and frameworks that are used by the engineering community at Amazon
• Ensure the team ships well-tested software that is easy to maintain and extend over the long term
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 7+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• 4+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems.
• Expertise building and deploying scalable, highly available systems that have been delivered to end customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, C++, C#.
• Experience mentoring junior engineers and helping them develop their technical skills and leadership abilities.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• 10+ years of experience in building large scale, multi-tiered, distributed applications.
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Strong sense of ownership to drive change in the way business is executed to eliminate redundant processes and reduce waste.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top