Amazon Operations HR seeks a senior software engineer who excels in turning big ideas into practical solutions. In OpsHR Technology, we use modern technologies to solve complex problems at scale. We deliver an engaging, intuitive, personalized experience that empowers employees to quickly take control of their work life anytime, anywhere. As our solutions simplify and automate tedious manual tasks so more people can focus on meaningful work. We make life better for over a million of our fellow Amazonians.
We are seeking an engineer that wants to solve hard problems. Our architecture is based on micro-services and uses the latest AWS tools: DynamoDB, Lambda, Cognito, API Gateway, CloudFront and many others.
If you have designed products that scale to meet demand, combine the best of internal and external services, and grow to meet the complex needs of your customers, you will fit right in. We are technical experts, but we go further. We know technology always exists in a larger context, so we create solutions from our customer's perspective to guarantee our solutions always deliver the intended result. If you want unsolved problems that will take you beyond your technical abilities, OpsHR Technology is the place for you.
Join us to own the design of major features from end-to-end, from Web UI and mobile apps, to large scale services, right through to storage and network routing. The OpsHR A To Z team team is reinventing how Amazonians manage their work life. Are you ready to take on the biggest opportunity you ever had fun solving?
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience with DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, Cognito, CloudFront
• Active on GitHub or StackOverflow
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122.3k - $160k/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.