Senior Software Development Engineer
- New York, NY
Come join the AWS SageMaker Autopilot team! With a vision to democratize ML, we build a transparent and scalable AutoML solution that brings the power of AI to our customers with all range of ML expertise.
We are a team of scientists and engineers who experiment, research various aspects of ML pipelines and translate the findings into great product/features that benefits our customers. As a senior software development engineer on the team, you will be working at the intersection of science and engineering. You will be building components of SageMaker Autopilot to generate and run ML pipelines at production scale and reliability. You will work in a fast-paced environment and do everything from evaluating existing ML techniques, translating scientific experimental outcome to production software considering various system constraints and budget. You will building platform/components with best practices, determining priorities, designing features, architecting (re-architecting) the system, guide the team to adopt full CI/CD and mentoring engineers. The best candidate will demonstrate true end-to-end ownership and work well in cross-team collaboration efforts. In this role, you will be responsible for building various algorithms, tooling, frameworks, and operational processes using technologies like Python, C++, scikit-learn, Dask, Docker, Spark, various AWS services.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Hands on programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, Python, Java, including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience in driving architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience in data structures, algorithm design, complexity analysis, object-oriented design
• Drive the operation excellence initiatives within and across team as a means to deliver faster and reliably
Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
• Experience in professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience or working knowledge of Machine Learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools
• Experience in communicating with technical teams and explaining design choices, software product features and technical designs
• Experience in mentoring software engineers and interns to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Back to top