Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you excited to help Amazon grow product selection across the globe? Are you passionate about identifying product safety and compliance issues and fixing them by building innovative solutions using the latest technologies? Are you interested in making cross border movement of products seamless for our customers? Come and join the Product Assurance Experience team in Amazon.com
In this role you will:
• Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience
• Collaborate closely with other SDE team members to help define the scope of the product
• Responsible for technical problem solving, meeting product objectives, and developing best practices
• Demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals
• Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages
• Design Amazon-scale tools to facilitate internal business
• Build highly available, secure, and low-latency systems
• Mentor other developers.
• Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale".
• Design and build Micro services
• Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
• Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
Software Development Engineers will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
• 5+ Experience in design and development of large scale software systems
• Have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess a sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in Java in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Deep knowledge of distributed systems, asynchronous architectures.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Background in distributed computing, service-oriented architectures and enterprise-wide systems.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
• Full stack experience ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Exposure to Machine Learning/deep learning projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top