Senior Software Development Engineer
At AWS, we build next generation services that change how people think about what it means to build fast, distributed services at scale. Our NoSQL services like DynamoDB and Elasticache are massively scaled database services that serve as a critical backbone of todays internet infrastructure.
Since we operate some of the largest distributed systems in the world, we need highly energetic and capable engineers to help make these successful. On the DAX (DynamoDB Accelerator) team we focus on making it even faster for customers to get their data from DynamoDB; a difficult task when you consider that DynamoDB already operates in single digit millisecond response times.
As a recently launched service, DAX is just starting to grow as a business. As a result, we're on the hunt for entrepreneurial focused engineers who are focused not only on building a fantastic caching product for DynamoDB but also who can help weigh in how we think the product should evolve to better grow the business and meet customer demand. Not an easy combination to find.
If working on at scale data storage problems excites you, if caching is your thing and if operating at the intersection of business problems and technical solutions blows your hair back this is the position for you!
- Expert knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java, C and C++
- 7+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support, building scalable system software and/or Services
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
- Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
- Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
- Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skillsets
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, product strategy and influence outcomes in technical decision-making
- Experience working with in-memory caching and database technologies.
- Solid understanding of performance and efficiency with a strong customer focus
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top