Senior Software Development Engineer - AWS Transactional Services
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about highly available, scalable systems? The Transactional Services team builds some of the most foundational distributed systems that underpin and power many of the large AWS services and several of the most critical components of the Amazon.com retail platform.
We are seeking technical leaders to join the team to help shape our future as we continue our rapid growth.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing novel, cutting edge, highly available, distributed systems software.
- Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and executing against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Working with team members to manage day-to-day development activities, participating in designs, design reviews, code reviews, and implementation.
- Mentoring other engineers.
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always being on the lookout for new technologies, and working with the team to bring in new technologies.
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities. In addition, the role involves analyzing the latest technologies and development trends, establishing and implementing standard practices.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a leading and growing technology company.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Strong coding skills
• Strong design skills
• Demonstrated experience in a tech lead role in large, complex software projects
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years of software development experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of overall software development experience
• Expertise in Rust
• Experience with designing and building large scale systems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
• Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate
• Excellent leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate, be both highly motivated and motivating
• Proven, results-oriented team player with a history of delivery
• Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science with emphasis on distributed systems is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top