Senior Software Development Engineer - AWS Redshift
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Redshift is looking for talented individuals with expertise and passion for building DBMS internals. We are interested in people who can conduct independent research and have a passion for software and system building, that is, smart people who get stuff done!
Joining the Amazon RedShift team gives you the opportunity to:
• Participate in the design and development of a state-of-the-art query processing engine
• Turning research results into world-class software products
• Work on a disruptive product that's still in its early stages
• Solve problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
• Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
• Work for a company that's a recognized in the cloud computing space
In this role, you will :
• Own the design, implementation, and verification of components leveraging standard software engineering methodologies
• Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
• Work with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
• Work on overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
• Mentor other engineers, define our technical culture, and help to build a fast-growing team
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is a rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. They can launch a fully operational service with a few clicks for as low as under $1000 per terabyte per year.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 5+ years experience writing large scale systems in C/C++
• 5+ years experience developing DBMS Kernel or OS/Storage components
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science with a focus on database systems and transaction processing
• Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Possess excellent communication skills, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems is a plus
• Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top