Senior Software Development Engineer - AWS ODE
- Seattle, WA
• Are you interested in building IoT solutions on AWS cloud?
• Do you want to be part of the first AWS Software Development Engineering team in New Zealand?
• Are you ready to think big, have fun and make history?
AWS and Vector are getting ready to develop a new IoT and analytics solution that has the potential to transform the industry all while having a positive impact on the environment. This is big news for AWS, big news for the industry, big news for the environment ..... Is it big news for you and your career?
This is exciting! This will be the first SDE team in New Zealand and your chance to be a part of something special. Not only will you work in partnership with a local customer, you will also have the chance to be part of a worldwide AWS organization building brand new services for smart energy. That's not all! You will be working to deliver a customer outcome and solution with endless possibility.
We will have multiple opportunities for experienced Software Development Engineers who are obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification and design-thinking, and excited about building industry leading, next generation IoT and analytics systems on the AWS cloud. You will be part of a new team that architects, designs, and implements this new solution that will help deliver more affordable, reliable, and cleaner energy options to consumers.
We're looking for people who will be hands on building massive scale, highly available, low latency software services, mentoring other engineers and displaying end-to-end ownership. You need to not only be a software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus.
You need to not only be a software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the future of AWS engineering here in New Zealand and reach the world!
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
Keen to know more? https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/industries/vector-and-aws-join-forces-to-accelerate-the-future-of-energy/
• Notable professional software development experience on complex, large scale problems focused on the customer outcome
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis and distributed systems
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Strong mentoring and technical leadership skills
• Great problem solving skills, you are known for coming up with great ideas that lead to great customer outcomes
Come build the future with us!
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We cultivate a welcoming and inclusive culture, and recognize the importance of a good work/life balance, with flexible schedules and work-at-home options depending upon the role. Team members bring a wide range of skill sets and experience levels, providing both growth and mentoring opportunities for new members.
Back to top