Senior Software Development Engineer - AWS Networking
Amazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across millions of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including our e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, throughput and reliability, and it is critical to the success of hundreds of thousands of AWS customers.
We are currently looking for a senior software development engineer to help us deliver the future of software control systems at the core of our global network. This role may be for you if you are passionate about autonomous software systems that transform the way networks are built and operated. You build high quality, highly available, always-on services. You're happiest when you're working with empowered, world-class leaders and engineers to meet world-class challenges. Finally, with your curiosity and strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
Come join us and…
- Do what nobody else in the world is doing… literally
- Gain world class knowledge and expertise on the inner workings of the Internet
- Define and design the next generation of Amazon's Software Defined Network
- Create, enhance, and run scalable autonomous controller services that observe the state of the network, make active decisions to optimize traffic based on programmable business logic
- Build massive real-time systems which inform and drive complex changes across the global network and Internet
- Collaborate with and learn from world leaders in distributed systems development and operations
- Gain practical experience building incredible software using Amazon Web Services.
- 7+ year of industry experience designing, and building large complex real-time distributed back-end systems.
- Demonstrated experience influencing team/product direction and vision.
- Track record of continually raising team productivity and effectiveness by defining and driving software engineering best practices.
- Works with peer SDEs across organizations leading efforts to raise the IQ of our collective software architectures and ecosystem.
- Superior command of Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis, object-oriented design, unit testing, and systems architecture.
- Significant experience with Java or C/C++/C# and Perl or Python development in a Linux environment using Test Driven Development.
- Works independently with customers, stakeholders and peers, and effectively balances their needs and requirements.
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Track record in investing time in the development of others by actively mentoring and educating the larger SDE community on trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, mathematics, or other technical discipline.
- Experience with Software Defined Networking controllers, network performance measurement, analysis and traffic optimization techniques
- Experience with networking protocols and concepts such as routing, TCP/IP BGP, OSPF/ISIS, NetFlow, SNMP, and Internet Traffic Engineering techniques.
- Experience with data analytics concepts, techniques and approaches (statistical inference, regression models etc.)
- Familiarity or experience with Graph Algorithm, Graph Databases, Machine Learning- regression, classification, clustering & retrieval, recommender systems & dimensionality reduction, deep learning etc.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top