AWS Marketplace (https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/) is an online store that helps customers find, buy, and immediately start using trusted software and services that run on the AWS Cloud. We revolutionize the way software is sold and procured, just like how Amazon continues to redefine retail purchasing.
We are one of the fastest-growing teams in AWS, and interface with a diverse internal and external community of software service sellers over a wide variety of technologies, with a rapidly growing audience of buyers from different market segments. AWS Marketplace manages the state of the art complex infrastructure to provide a smooth experience for sellers and buyers to buy various software and services for different domains like infrastructure software, machine learning, and IoT.
Solving Energizing and Interesting Technical Problems at a rapid pace
SDEs in the AWS Marketplace team play a key role in solving complex technical challenges presented by the AWS scale. You will apply Large-scale computing, Distributed systems, data pipelining, workflow orchestration, precomputation, restful APIs, and statistical algorithm techniques to solve the problems. To be successful, you will need to be able to keep the long-term objectives in mind while guiding the team through short-term obstacles. You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and are always open to identifying alternative paths.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience mentoring junior engineers and helping them develop their technical skills and leadership abilities.
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.