AWS Lambda, at the heart of the Serverless movement, is a fast growing service that is becoming the default compute infrastructure for a wide range of applications
We are seeking a senior software development engineer interested in driving the evolution of Lambdas virtualization and containerization platforms. Lambda, using AWS Firecracker, runs millions of lightweight containers constantly shifting resources between them.
In this role you will help deliver Lambda on new architecture types, drive continued improvement of Lambda's security barrier and optimize the performance of the Lambda platform from the metal upwards through the execution path. You will get the opportunity to use programming languages like Rust / Go / C++ / Jave and cutting edge virtualization like Firecracker to push the limits of scale. The team is growing rapidly and your technical leadership will help drive the roadmap of the team and develop other engineers.
If you're excited about cloud computing, have Linux kernel knowledge or are interested in reducing latency in the largest of systems, then join us in making Lambda the most successful computing platform on the planet.
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field.
• 5+ years of relevant, engineering experience. Includes contributing to the architecture design, as well as operational excellence of new and current systems.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, GoLang or Rust.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
• Advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field.
• Strong Linux kernel and systems knowledge
• Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
• Demonstrated ability to perform Root Cause Analysis for systems at scale
• Demonstrated ability to deliver large scale software projects.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive