Senior Software Development Engineer - AWS (iOS)
- Sunnyvale, CA
Are you looking for an intimate, fast-paced, early stage AWS team to apply your deep analytical and engineering skills to? Come join us building Amazon Chime! (https://chime.aws/). Amazon Chime is our solution to Unified Communications. Launched in 2017, we are built on top of the AWS cloud using AWS toolsets. At Amazon Chime, we believe in using AWS's scale, reliability, flexibility and ease of use to deliver early versions of this exciting software quickly and iteratively, to get customer feedback, and use the feedback to make data driven and agile decisions. We rely on software engineers leveraging their own expertise and perspectives to drive quality into our product. This specific position is to help build end-user facing features for our Chime mobile client applications. We solve interesting, real-world challenges - we optimize the customer experience for a range of devices, develop new user experiences, overcome slow networks, and build product that is loved by our customer.
We are looking for Software Engineers with the passion and experience for building mobile apps on iOS. You will work alongside product management, research, design, and engineering to define and build the product. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the software architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. Key areas include: Efficient and high quality client development, finding innovative ways to scale and increase performance, inventing tools for continuous integration and automated testing, and building critical new features, while supporting existing Amazon technologies.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Swift, Obj C, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Proficiency in object oriented development and ability to apply OO concepts
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Ability to work effectively and deliver results in a customer-focused, cross-functional team
• Extensive knowledge of iOS development techniques and practices using Obj C/Swift
• Experience in mobile design patterns , building iOS apps / frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance (Instruments)
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs
• Experience with multi-module application in a large distributed team environment.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top