Senior Software Development Engineer - AWS Identity
- Prague, Czech Republic
The AWS Resource Management team defines how customers, small and large will use and manage their AWS resources, serve hundreds of thousands of transactions per second, and innovate in search space over terabytes of unstructured data. We embark on projects to scale our architecture 100X into Millions of Transactions per second, and it's a great time to join and contribute to the design and take it all the way to production.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Successful applicants will have experience defining service architecture, strong development skill and extensive experience in software design, development, testing and operations. They will also be excellent in working across functional teams, and will meet a high technical bar. They will need to be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly and inspire others around them, to influence and work with services all across AWS. Come join our start-up culture, wear many hats, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tightly-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and challenging opportunity.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Passionate about designing and developing simple solutions to complex, ambiguous problems
• Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
• Deep understanding of large distributed and online systems
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields
• Experience with very large distributed systems such as large scale distributed database systems, storage farms, and/or horizontally scaled request processing fleets
• Development Expertise in OOP, Java, UNIX, Python, XML, Web services, and UNIX tools
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top