Senior Software Development Engineer- AWS Enterprise Engineering
- Seattle, WA
We have exciting things going on in the AWS Enterprise Engineering organization, and we're looking for a Software Development Engineer that is ready to join AWS and help us innovate on behalf of our customers.
In AWS Enterprise Engineering, we build the software, services, and infrastructure that enable Amazon services across the world to build and deliver for customers. We represent the intersection of AWS technology and the need for looking-forward engineering solutions at Amazon's scale. We're an AWS-focused, builder-centric organization, focused on using AWS technology to reshape and reinvent foundational infrastructure technologies. We build software and services that are critical to all Amazon businesses and teams globally. We succeed when Amazon builders have the underlying infrastructure services to operate at scale, worldwide.
In this role, you will directly influence the AWS technology ecosystem. You will join a growing team of technology leaders building Amazon's Enterprise Directory that is hosted in 26 regions (and counting). While today's platform once fit the needs of Amazon, the continued exponential growth of Amazon and AWS have stretched the capabilities of the current system to unsustainable levels. You will work on a new green-field cloud architecture built to serve the needs of the future. You will collaborate with multiple teams across Amazon (storage and compute) to build services that deliver core fundamental mission critical data in a timely manner, accurately and reliably. Your architectures will be stress tested by the massive growth of AWS, Amazon, our Subsidiaries, as well as external customers.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and innovative senior Engineer who is attracted to difficult technical problems and is motivated to deliver high-performance, highly-available, and extremely scalable systems at Amazon's speed and pace. This is a full stack engineering role, where you will consult with experts to build expertise, and form simple designs to solve complex problems.
As Software Development Engineer, you will:
• Help design and build cutting edge services that are at the foundation of AWS and all Amazon services, and enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services and teams.
• Deep dive on existing technical issues like scale-out patterns, resilience and extensibility to provide comprehensive solutions.
• Deliver high quality engineering artifacts (designs, code, tests, monitoring) that will model engineering for the team.
• Make technology decisions that meet business challenges while balancing long term and short term needs.
• Mentor teammates on engineering best practices.
• Work closely with multiple teams to achieve technical targets.
• Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and problem solving
• Experience building high scale services, and distributed systems on the cloud.
• Experience with NoSQL database technologies at scale.
• Experience with container technologies is a plus.
• Experience building services at cloud scale with low operational burden.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong sense of ownership, including an ability to promote operational excellence within the team.
• Understanding of Directory Service Technologies (LDAP, Active Directory)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with AWS platforms, services, and design patterns.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top