Senior Software Development Engineer - AWS Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Tel Aviv, Israel
When we said we're developing the next generation cloud storage architecture - we weren't kidding.
When we said it's the fastest block storage in the cloud - we weren't exaggerating.
EBS Israel is developing Block Express, the next generation high performance architecture of AWS Block Storage (EBS).
Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) is looking for experienced software development engineers to help us build the future of cloud storage. EBS provides high-performance virtualized storage for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), and is a key building block for many applications, from databases to distributed file systems and Hadoop clusters. As a member of the EBS team, you will have ownership over the design, implementation, and operation of one of the largest distributed systems in the world. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers!
The ideal candidate will share our excitement about the incredible opportunity cloud computing and big data analytics represent, and will be passionate about delivering high quality services. You will have design and implementation experience, knowledge of distributed systems architectures, and experience leading or mentoring other engineers. Experience with databases, data warehousing, business intelligence, and machine learning are particularly valued, as is experience delivering large-scale online services. You will be customer centric and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires technical and communication skills.
Consult the following links to find out more about the exciting work being done in Elastic Block Store.
What is EBS and what do we do: https://youtu.be/ljYH5lHQdxo
The EBS Israel group develops Block Express, the next-generation high performance architecture of EBS: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/now-in-preview-larger-faster-io2-ebs-volumes-with-higher-throughput/
Read more about how disruptive Block Express technology is: "The next game changer? Amazon takes on the SAN vendors", by Chris Mellor: https://blocksandfiles.com/2020/12/03/amazon-ebs-block-express/
Block Express, developed in EBS Israel, is the single biggest storage announcement of re:Invent 2020: https://reinvent.awsevents.com/static/media/press/AWS%20Announces%20Four%20Storage%20Innovations.pdf
Amazon is #1 on the 2018 LinkedIn Top Companies List as the most sought-after employer in the U.S.: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/amazon-most-sought-after-employer-us-we-went-inside-find-anders/
Amazon is #1 most innovative company of 2017: https://www.fastcompany.com/3067455/most-innovative-companies/why-amazon-is-the-worlds-most-innovative-company-of-2017
• Extensive Linux system programming experience in C/C++
• Experience designing and implementing distributed systems
• BSc degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or an autodidact with equivalent experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience designing and implementing storage systems
• Experience developing NVMe-oF/RDMA/iSCSI/iSER/FC/NFS/SMB
• Linux kernel experience
• MSc/PhD degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering researching distributed systems
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work well in a team
• Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Experience working in an agile software development organization
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Back to top