Are you a passionate software engineer who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging environment? If being an integral member of a team and contributing to cutting-edge technology is your thing, the Cordite team, part of AWS EC2 Nitro is looking for engineers to help us define and build the future of cloud storage. We are working on an exciting EC2 solution in the storage and backup domain. The team provides a virtualized hardware-accelerated instance storage solution and owns the EC2 storage optimized instances. Our solution is used as the direct instance storage for I3, I3EN, M5D, R5D, M5AD, D3, C5D, G4D, P3D instance types offered by EC2.
What is Instance Storage?
The links below provide some information on Instance Storage and we'd love to tell you more about it !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUY-00yFlE4 around 12:12 into the video
The AWS Nitro System is the underlying platform for our next generation of EC2 instances.
What You'll Be Doing
As a member of this team, you will work alongside extremely bright engineers, product managers and leaders who obsess about performance, availability, scalability and durability of customer data. You will be building features in the Instance Storage data plane that solve customers' real world problems. Opportunities to solve technical problems at a large scale, using SOA, distributed systems, and storage technologies will be all around you. As a member of this team, you will have strong ownership over the design, implementation and operation of a massive scale distributed storage system. The unique accountability of owning EC2 storage optimized instances will provide the opportunity to work with and learn about the large EC2 eco-system. You will have the opportunity to work closely with an agile team that ships often, and see the impact your code has on a wide range of customers from startups to enterprise companies.
What You'll Bring to the Role
• Strong analytical, design and problem solving skills
• Excellent leadership skills and the ability to hit the ground running
• Excellent time management and follow-through ability while managing multiple priorities
• Effective communication and inter-personal skills
• Experience in building and operating high performance systems at scale and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Deep understanding of software development practices and experience with all phases of development
• Thrive in a fast paced environment that encourages and rewards creative design and intelligent risk taking
• Experience programming in C, C++ or Python on high performance systems
• Experience developing software in Linux environments
• Experience with device drivers, firmware management and understanding of IO technologies like NVMe are a big plus
• Experience with storage, filesystems, virtualization technologies and on-demand computing
• Exposure to software development techniques with large distributed systems involving petabytes of data
• Exposure to managing virtualized large scale systems
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
We put a high value on work-life balance. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/disability/us.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 8+ years of software industry experience.
• Programming in C/C++ with focus on Distributed Systems
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software for commercial online services.
• Experience with design and development of kernel is a high plus.
• Experience with storage, filesystems, virtualization technologies and on-demand computing is a plus.
• Exposure to software development techniques especially with large distributed systems involving petabytes of data is a high plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records