Senior Software Development Engineer - AWS DNS
- Bengaluru, India
Are you ready to create systems to power one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world? Amazon.com has over 70 million customers, and developers all over the world rely on our storage, compute, and virtualised services via Amazon Web Services. We support systems at massive, and ever-growing, scale. We rapidly integrate new technologies to expand our customer offerings. Our success depends on our world-class network infrastructure and our goal is to become "The Infrastructure Platform" for the world.
The AWS DNS team is seeking enthusiastic and talented Senior Software Development Engineers to architect, build and operate large-scale DNS platforms, configuration management systems and real-time system status APIs. Our team relentlessly focuses on the security, performance, availability and scalability of our Internet-scale services. We build and operate systems that are critical in powering the platforms that Amazon's global retail, AWS and Kindle businesses run upon. As a member of our team, you will design and develop highly visible products, be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and interact with many other engineering teams across Amazon.
Successful candidates for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting and a desire to tackle the complex problems at scale. In addition, a proven track record of technically leading complex software projects is desirable.
• Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
• Proficient in any of Java, Python, Ruby, C/C++.
• Comfortable working with Linux, or other Unix operating systems.
• Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms and their performance.
• Experience with REST, web services and cloud environments.
• Experience with technical leadership / ownership of large cross-team, cross-functional software projects
• Experience with distributed or large scale systems.
• Experience with agile development methodologies and DevOps environments.
• Unix kernel or systems programming development.
• Strong Network and Systems troubleshooting skills
Back to top