Senior Software Developer - Amazon Web Services - Help us reinvent the Cloud!
Amazon Elastic File System (EFS) is built in Boston, MA. It's a fully managed service that makes it easy to set up and scale shared file storage in the AWS Cloud. Amazon EFS is designed for a wide variety of use cases: data analytics, video rendering, genomics analysis, web serving, content management, and home directories, to name a few. https://aws.amazon.com/efs/
As a Software Engineer in this office, you will design and build a service that allows customers to create cloud storage solutions that are secure, reliable, completely elastic, and can grow to petabyte-scale. Delivering a reliable and high-performance service at AWS scale requires engineers with extraordinary technical expertise and boundless creativity. At Amazon, engineers have the opportunity to interact with customers, to understand our business goals, and to innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
As a senior member of our engineering team, you will own:
- The full stack technology and drive the technical direction
- You will be solving complex problems, and working on difficult challenges in software engineering as the scale and suite of our services grow
- You will work with key stake holders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. You'll have an opportunity to learn from people with and without engineering backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough and helpful code reviews.
We care about your career growth. You will work on projects and tasks that will develop your skills and enable you to take on increasingly complex tasks.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Experience with Full stack development including front end that is backed by highly performant and scalable APIs.
• Experience developing storage software with knowledge of storage protocols and file system architecture
• Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.