Do you want to join a team of talented engineers who are helping to revolutionize mobility to the cloud for their customers? AWS is seeking an exceptional software developer to work on the challenging problem of accelerating our customer's journey from on-premises computing to running their businesses on AWS.
As a senior developer on the AWS Migration Services team, you will design and build a products & services that will help large enterprise companies migrate their computing to AWS. Delivering a reliable and high-performance service at AWS scale requires engineers with extraordinary technical expertise and boundless creativity. At Amazon, we also expect engineers like you to interact with customers, to understand our business goals, and to innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
What does it take to thrive as a developer at AWS? You need to be creative, curious, responsible, and able to work with others to rapidly turn an idea into working code. You're excited about writing code, implementing big ideas, and helping to coach those around you to raise the team's bar for code quality. You want the opportunity to grow your technical and professional skills while helping AWS grow. You relish the opportunity to dig into complex operational issues and to help customers build the next generation of web applications. You're someone who knows how to work hard and deliver results but is also able to have fun while they are doing it.
Outside of quarantine, our team is based out of Boston's Seaport district but we understand the need for flexibility when it comes to working locations and hours. We aim to keep core office hours from 10am to 4pm with individuals free to start earlier or finish later as they please. Working from home is always an option.
At AWS, we build and operate our services so this position involves periodic on-call responsibilities. No one enjoys being paged, so we do our best to build fault tolerant systems and to ensure that we fully root cause issues so that we aren't paged for the same issue twice.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience developing secure, performant, extensible API's
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Experience building and operating scalable software or distributed systems
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .