The AWS Worldwide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team is looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented Senior Software Development Engineer to help us build the next generation of highly interactive and data-driven applications. Our solutions enable users to obsess over customers and make proactive, data-driven recommendations that position AWS as a strategic business partner in addition to a world-class cloud computing provider.
We are an agile development team that provides a true full-stack experience, and owns its software development cycle end-to-end. We are looking for an individual that thrives in a collaborative engineering culture, giving customers access to business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable, and using the intersection of software and data to give their customers "superpowers."
In this role, you will:
• Engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology, pioneering new methods and approaches to visualize customer and behavioral data
• Design systems and solutions that enable business users to operate more effectively, intelligently, and efficiently
• Work with both engineers and technical product/program managers to define, build, and measure the mechanisms AWS relies on to provide our customers the support they need
• Define and implement solutions to improve WWRO's data, analytics, visualization, reporting, and insights offerings
• Leverage strong communication skills and a passion for using data and software to drive business decisions at scale
• Lead architectural and solution design discussions, ensuring our infrastructure is performant, fault tolerant, and truly world class
• Mentor and coach junior team members on implementation best practices, systems design, and problem solving
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take a high degree of ownership. We are looking for someone that is a true owner and who is happiest innovating relentlessly on behalf of our customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field) OR commensurate experience
• 7+ years' experience building and operating high-quality, low-latency applications on AWS or equivalent infrastructure
• 7+ years' Experience in at least one backend programming language, core database concepts and handling large-scale distributed systems
• Excellent design and coding skills
• Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with a variety of database technologies - both relational and NoSQL
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Experience with Git or similar source control system(s)
• Experience with an Agile software development methodology
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.