Senior Software Development Engineer - AutoSar
- Berlin, Germany
Come Shape the Future of Transportation!
We are a team of engineers, living and breathing at the intersection of technology and transportation. In the future, transportation of both goods and people will be centered around technology, with consistent innovation around better safety, reliability, and efficiency. We aim to power the future of transportation through rapid innovation and scale only possible through cloud infrastructure. Come join us in building the future of transportation!
You will model, implement and verify software based on Classic and Adaptive AutoSAR architecture and methodology. You will establish yourself as an AutoSAR subject matter expert in the team. When you hit roadblocks in development, you immediately start investigating workarounds or alternative options. You understand there is often more than one way to solve a problem, and you can clearly articulate tradeoffs during tough decisions and back up your solutions when challenged.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to collaborate with Amazon's talented engineers and technical managers across the globe in empowering our customers to innovate, while further developing your skills and your career.
Our team is global, based in the US (west coast) and Germany. Our US teams typically start earlier in the day to have a couple of hours of overlap with our Germany teams (who typically work later in the afternoon).
We are intentional in attracting, developing and retaining team members from diverse backgrounds. Our diversity of thought coupled with the endless curiosity within our team is our greatest asset for innovation. We are looking for people to help us build an inclusive and supportive environment for all team members.
Mentorship and Career Growth:
Our engineers and leaders come from diverse perspectives and backgrounds across technology and beyond, and are excited to share their experiences and mentor more junior engineers. Team members are encouraged to set up mentorship relationships with senior engineers on our team, but also across the broader Amazon population.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.
• 7+ years of experience as a C and/or C++ software engineer, programming/designing/integrating/debugging Classic or Adaptive AutoSAR modules (ARA, BSW, CDD, RTE, MCAL ) and Software Components( SWCs) in an embedded automotive system.
• In-depth understanding of the AutoSAR Classic/Adaptive Architecture, software layers such as ARA, RTE, COM, CDD, SWC, and familiar with AutoSAR design and code generation tools.
• Hands-on experience with Linux, OSEK, AutoSAR OS, RTOS and POSIX Operating systems including concepts like watchdogs, task preemption, software interrupts, priority inversion.
• Familiar with Network Protocols such us Automotive Ethernet, CAN, LIN, SPI, FlexRay.
• Good knowledge of SoCs( NXP, TI, Infineon, ST ) and Arm processor firmwares and toolchains.
• Knowledge of Automotive SPICE, ISO-26262 and other Automotive standards is highly regarded
• Experience with open source tools and resource
• Ability to Establish non-functional requirements (security, reliability, maintainability, usability, etc.) at the solution level
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top