Senior Software Development Engineer - Audio
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
As a Senior Audio Software Development Engineer, you will work in one of the fastest-changing fields, with the benefits of Amazon's infrastructure and being surrounded by subject matter experts and technology partners. You must love high quality signal processing, enjoy adjusting codecs, optimizing audio frameworks, and have a feel for what a good consumer experience should sound like. As part of the larger technology team working on new consumer technology, your work will have a large impact to hardware, internal software developers, ecosystem, and ultimately the lives of Amazon customers. In this role, you will:
- Development of novel audio and speech processing algorithms
- Optimization and port to different platforms of audio and speech processing algorithms
- Integration of vendor hardware and software stacks
- Tune hardware for highest audio performance and lowest noise
- Be passionate, responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment
- Be able, and willing, to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of software development engineering experience
- Knowledge of audio and acoustics principles
- Knowledge of digital signal processing theory (FIR/IIR filter design, adaptive filtering, frequency domain analysis).
- 7+ years programming experience in C/C++, 3+ years programming experience in Python scripting.
- Master's or PhD degree
- Expertise in developing advanced Audio and Speech Processing Algorithms
- Expertise in optimization and porting of algorithms to real-time platforms (DSP/Micros)
- Android Audio frameworks working knowledge
- Experience with Bluetooth audio profiles
- Familiarity with OpenMAX and/or ALSA
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top