Senior Software Development Engineer at AWS Data Exchange
- New York, NY
Are you interested in building a new service for AWS customers? We are developing a new AWS service as part of AWS Data Exchange to enable data sharing at scale. This new initiative is in a very nascent space, where you will be able to Think Big and innovate on behalf of customers in a start-up like environment.
AWS Data Exchange is democratizing the way millions of customers find, subscribe to, and use third-party data in the cloud. With AWS Data Exchange itself being a recently launched service based in NYC, this is your chance to work in a start-up like environment within the world's most successful cloud business.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer (SDE) with experience building secure, scalable solutions that delight customers. In this role, you will be responsible for making fundamental contributions to the AWS Data Exchange design and architecture, shaping the long-term vision/roadmaps, and providing technical leadership to the engineering team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive design and architecture experience, knowledge of AWS technologies and services, and a proven track record of building mission critical, highly scalable systems. In addition to strong technical knowledge, you will be someone who understands how to balance moving quickly with long-term investments. Your are customer obsessed and passionate about solving hard ambiguous problems.
As a Senior SDE on the team, you will:
• Review projects' ability to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, learning and incorporating new technologies as appropriate.
• Build relationships with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Project Managers across various AWS service teams.
• Participate in the architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
• Participate in Agile project management methodologies to provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
• Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers including hiring recommendations and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
• Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
• Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business goals with team, leadership chain, and with customers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Proven track record of building and shipping enterprise software products
• Proven track record delivering high quality software
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top