Senior Software Development Engineer, Amazon Search
- Berlin, Germany
Hundreds of millions of customers. Billions of queries per year and dollars in revenue. The scale and impact of Amazon Search is huge and we need you to imagine and develop innovative cross-device features to realize the future of product search worldwide.
The Search Navigation team is responsible for worldwide customer facing search features. Our algorithms select and rank navigation options to help customers explore, refine, and traverse search results across all device experiences worldwide. We exploit and enrich behavioral and semantic information to power an intelligent and flawless shopping experience.
As a Software Development Engineer, your responsibilities range from reviewing product requirements and designing the software architecture that fulfills them, to translating the requirements to engineering tasks and implementing them. You will be responsible for delivering production-ready code that will be used by hundreds of millions of Amazon customers. Working side-by-side with other engineers, scientists and product managers, you will own the end-to-end Navigation experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, Java, Scala or Python
• Strong Java coding skills; you will be able to discuss in depth both the design and your significant contributions to one or more projects using the Java language
• Experience in low-latency services, optimized for performance, or large-scale data processing systems, or distributed systems
• Experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimization
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top